Our public health community nurse is Carolyn Olleveant
Carolyn is the nurse your son/daughter sees for immunisations, she may also attend annual review, CAF, Child in Need and Child Protection meetings as well as supporting health education in school.
Carolyn is the nurse who co-ordinates and oversees clinical care for young people and ensures that the school are supported by health professionals to meet the needs of students with complex medical needs.
Carolyn supports a multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary approach to care, to accommodate the complex health needs of children who are educated within the our school environment and children in the wider community.
- You can discuss any problems or concerns about your child with the nurse.
- Your child’s growth and development will be monitored at regular intervals as needed.
- We can offer continence advice and support of the continence service
- Compiling a health care plan if necessary.
- Liaising with other professionals involved in the care of your child.e.g physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapists, social care
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle
- Training and advice
- Immunisation updates
- Liaising with teaching staff and parents is a vital part of our role and we are always available in school by phone or just drop in
Carolyn will support you and your child in regular school clinics with sessions from the following professionals where appropriate:
- Community Paediatrician
Everything you talk to us about is confidential unless you tell us that a child or an adult is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm.
If we need to discuss anything with someone else, this will only be done after we have explained the reasons for doing it. It often helps if your child’s teacher knows about health problems so we will encourage parents / carers to share health information with school.
After all a child needs to be healthy and happy to enable them to learn and achieve.
You can contact Carolyn on the following number 01928 593 096 or email: Carolyn.firstname.lastname@example.org