Qualifications and Accreditation
At the Cavendish High Academy we facilitate two examining boards, ASDAN and Ascentis. These are used to support and celebrate students learning and achievements.
Ascentis provides English and Mathematical Skills from Entry 1 to Level 1, this is a nationally recognised qualification and can be used to ensure entrance into specific Post 16 or Post 19 courses at alternative provisions.
Qualifications currently running at The Cavendish High Academy;
Ascentis English Skills Entry 1 - Entry 3
Grammar & Punctuation
Receiving & Responding to Information
ASDAN is embedded from Year 9 onwards, focusing on the personal and employability skills of the young person.
ASDAN is a pioneering curriculum development organisation and awarding body, offering programmes and qualifications that explicitly grow skills for learning, skills for employment and skills for life. At The Cavendish High Academy we recognise the importance of developing these skills and therefore use Asdan as our awarding body. All students at school follow an accreditation pathway.
By using Asdan we aim to:
- Promote active and experiential learning
- Celebrate the diversity of multi-talented young people
- Encourage, engage and motivate learners
- Reward a range of learning styles and contexts
- Develop skills for learning, skills for employment and skills for life
- Make learning relevant and transferable